Sunday 14 December 2008

Barnyard

On Wednesday was Natalie’s school Christmas program. The title was “The Disgruntled Snowman.” Some of the characters included the Snowman, Dr. Frost, Stars, Snowflakes, Sheep, Shepherds, the Wise Men and the Holy Family. I was really curious as to how they were going to incorporate the Holy Family in with all of the other characters! It wasn’t the most reverent of Christmas pageants I’ve seen, but it was cute and the children all did a great job. Natalie was a sheep.


We couldn’t let Natalie have all the fun dressing up! On Friday night we had our Christmas party at church. We had a “Night in Bethlehem.” Shawn and I were to play the parts of Mary and Joseph (I am the most pregnant person in the ward at the moment so I look the part). Natalie was an angel (but as you can see, she preferred to dress as a sheep for the purposes of the following picture and video). We figured we couldn’t leave Robbie out of the fun so he got to dress as a donkey! Isn’t he cute? And just wait until you see the video!!! Sorry it is so dark, but it’s funny all the same. Of course when he was supposed to dress up at the church, he wasn’t going to have any part in it! It was hot and the Velcro was bugging him around his neck. Oh, if you listen carefully, you might be able to hear the kid’s Cornish accents. I’ll be so sad when we leave here and they start to sound American again!


5 comments:

Cheryl and Scott said...

They are sooo cute. I LOVE their accents.

moegmom said...

Love this!
Mom

princessyaya52 said...

That video is AWESOME!!!!!

dfoxygranny said...

Your looking very beautiful little Mama. Praying for an easy delivery of your new Penny.

Give everyone our best

Donna and family

Kristy K said...

Karen- I love your blog. And thank you for the Christmas card! I didn't send any out this year, but I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and I appreciate you remembering us! Thank you also for your beautiful card this summer. It's been a rough year. I pray 2009 will be much better.

Hopefully I will see you when you move back to the states! And congrats on baby #3. I love her name, by the way!

Love,
Kristy