Tuesday 27 January 2009

A Natalie Funny

I meant to post this earlier but kept forgetting.

We were sitting down do dinner the other night and I had already dished out the plates and had them ready on the placemats. Well Robbie starts to dig right in and doesn't way for the blessing. Natalie offered to give the prayer and I asked her to ask a blessing on what Robbie already ate.

So this is Natalie's prayer, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for this food and bless it to nourish and strengthen our bodies and please bless that Robbie doesn't CHOKE! I say these things..."

It was so hard to not crack up right in the middle of her prayer. The way she said it was almost funnier than what she said, with attitude and sincerity all at the same time.

Anyway, my kids are always coming up with silly things they do and say and if I don't start writing them down, I know I am going to forget them!

3 comments:

Becki said...

LOL! How cute!!! When you're hungry, sometimes it's soo hard to wait for the prayer. lol

moegmom said...

How thoughtful of Natalie to worry for Robbie's welfare. Pop Pop & I laughed every time we thought of it yesterday. Of course I've told everyone that would listen.
"Out of the mouths of babes"
I love you all and am excited about Penelope and you coming home to the USA.
Gramom

Kristy K said...

Karen,
I read your comment on my blog about Robbie and the TV and games. I really think boys are wired differently. Anna could care less about TV or video games, but Andrew gets really hooked really quickly. I'd say at least every two or three months we have to do a ban on stuff because it started to affect his moods, interactions, schoolwork, etc... I can't cut it out completely because honestly, I need it for my sanity sometimes, especially in the winter. So I totally know where you're coming from with Robbie.

I think we'll be trying to find a balance even when the kids are teenagers... now it's video games, but somedays it will be cars and girlfriends :).

Take care,
Kristy